bruce922

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Chief, I see that you have a yellow watchman goby, well I had one to until this morning. I don't use a top for my solana, even though I made a screen for it, posted below. I was looking for him this morning and couldn't find him. Well I then looked under the stand and there he was dead stiff. I feel bad cuz he was starting to get comfortable in the tank. I guess yours doesn't jump huh?

Bruce

Attachments

• DIY Screen Top.jpg
    DIY Screen Top.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 378
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
The first chamber is normally use because the second chamber will make sure you do Not have any micro bubbles.

Also for people who do not run an auto top off this chamber will always stay the same height if mounted exactly at the line... From what I remember the second chamber fluctuated when I didn't run an ato. Obviosly this all matters what level you run your rear chambers at.

I use an ato so obviously any chamber would work because my levels are stable. Although the tunze doesn't add many micro bubbles I think that would probably be the main reason?

It will work in any chamber as long as the water levels are stable

Last edited:
Rating - 98.6%
73   1   0
cool, thanks for the info! i guess i'll be setting up my fuge in the first chamber along with the ato and some lr rubble. heater and skimmer in the 2nd chamber, return pump and temp probe in the 3rd.

chief- i won't be using a vortech in the back since my rock work covers most of the back wall.

Rating - 98.6%
73   1   0
ok. i ordered the upgrade anyway and will be placing the skimmer in the first chamber like everyone else :) now for the middle chamber, can i put some Lr rubble, cheato and then poly filter pads? (in that order from bottom to top)

Rating - 98.6%
73   1   0
these are my most recent FTS taken 5-24-2010.
tank was setup 3-12-2010.

Fish:
pair of percs
yellow coris wrasse
blue/green chromis
green spotted mandarin

Equipment:
koralia 2
100w stealth heater (1st chamber)
tunze 9004 skimmer with stevie-t cup (1st chamber)
poly filter floss over cheato (2nd chamber)
stock return pump and ato.com ATO (3rd chamber)
150 watt 20k ushio bulb
ACJr with DC 8

solanaFTS5-24-2010.jpg

solanaFTS25-24-2010.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

Last edited:

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Hello I have 34 solana stock everything except the lighting is a current 6 bulb t5 fixture
Seems like most of you r using cheto in the middle chamber do u guys use charcol or purigan or any other filter media right now i use purigen charcoal and lr rubble in the middle
And have a home made mini in tank refugium with cheato but I'm not overly pleased with how it looks but I keep it because it really does wonders for my nitrate levals

Also has anyone added a sump with this kind of tank can the back be drilled

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Hello I have 34 solana stock everything except the lighting is a current 6 bulb t5 fixture
Seems like most of you r using cheto in the middle chamber do u guys use charcol or purigan or any other filter media right now i use purigen charcoal and lr rubble in the middle
And have a home made mini in tank refugium with cheato but I'm not overly pleased with how it looks but I keep it because it really does wonders for my nitrate levals

Also has anyone added a sump with this kind of tank can the back be drilled

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: