masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Danielle, so sorry to hear about Charlie. I know how attached you become to anything alive....even a puppy ;) (I'd like to hear some good news about that 'save').

The tank truly looks amazing. You've done an incredible job on what is easily considered an advanced reef display. Kudos to you.

- the old man ;)

DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
That tank looks awesome. I wanted to get that tank about a year ago for my first tank, but wasn't sure how to upgrade the lights but still have a clean look like what you have accomplished. I just want to make sure I read your thread right. You have the PARs on the swing arms, but you also put a couple of LED's in the hood?

picod

Reefer Chick
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
My two new fishes!

Thanks to everyone for the compliments!
Russ: Little Bamboo :dog: will be 10 weeks old tomorrow. I would like to put together his story but can't seem to find the time- if you could imagine :wink1:
Dreutz: Yes, that is correct. I have the two Par38s in two swing-arm fixtures in addition to the two Cree Led's in the stock housing.
While feeding my Frogspawn the other day I noticed he has a new mouth and a little baby growing off of him. My Candycane has also split two of his heads to four. Today while taking some pics, I also saw that my blue Ricordea now has two mouths, so I imagine this is an indication that my tank is doing well. Not to mention my pulsing Xenia that is growing like mad!
After our trip to some NJ LFS's on Sunday, I added two wee little O.Clowns. I've never seen them so small!
ftstwonewfishies.jpg

guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Was wondering if the general consensus thought it cruel and unusual to conduct a minimal feeding regimen (if such an idea exists) so they don't grow out of the tank. I have a 12 gallon and would love it if my mandarin and clown exhibited zero growth lol.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Was wondering if the general consensus thought it cruel and unusual to conduct a minimal feeding regimen (if such an idea exists) so they don't grow out of the tank. I have a 12 gallon and would love it if my mandarin and clown exhibited zero growth lol.

I don't know why you posted this in someone else's tank thread, but to answer your question, the fish will slowly starve to death, so yes its cruel and unusual punishment. Starving any animal doesn't stop them from growing older or taller, it makes them anorexic.

guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I didn't say starve, I said minimal, as in like a diet. Contrary to overfeeding. There's a huge difference. I posted this here because I deemed it relevant to the demands of a pico sized tank. Not wanting to state the obvious, the baby clowns will inevitably outgrow this tank. But thanks for your response, however unhelpful as it was.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I didn't say starve, I said minimal, as in like a diet. Contrary to overfeeding. There's a huge difference. I posted this here because I deemed it relevant to the demands of a pico sized tank. Not wanting to state the obvious, the baby clowns will inevitably outgrow this tank. But thanks for your response, however unhelpful as it was.

A diet is only helpful to avoid getting fat and return back to normal size for that animal. You want to avoid a fish turning to normal size and keep his growth stunted. There is a big difference.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Danielle, bravo, yet again. I love it when you post pix of your 'ocean'. As stated, without the MP10 there for reference, I wouldn't think this tank is any smaller than a 34g Solana.
Knowing you, there is NO SURPRISE whatsoever with regard to your attention to detail. I'd be shocked otherwise!

I wish I knew how to give you a cyber pat on the back :lol_large you deserve it.

R

Last edited:

picod

Reefer Chick
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thanks to everyone again- I have to say these kudos keep me so inspired!!
Richie K- Cleaner Shrimp seems to be behaving himself, but I still think he's better off with you in a "real" size reef to avoid any potential confrontation!
Rich- Find out from Richie when you guys can come by so you can finally see the tank and take a piece of Xenia before it takes over, lol!
Russ-A cyber pat on the back? I thought we were way passed that? lol... How bout a cyber hug??? :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: