wonderballz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Here's some updated pics.

Here's my pair of true percs I got from Dom a few weeks ago. They already spawned some eggs on my rockwork

DSC_0073-vi.jpg

DSC_0086-vi.jpg

This is Dot (named by my fiance)

DSC_0101-vi.jpg

and this is Lorenzo Von Matterhorn

DSC_0132-vi.jpg

Dotty with the frogspawn. It's not Hosting her yet, but she taps it every-so-often. Hopefully soon

DSC_0113-vi.jpg

Here are my firefish. There's three of them, but I can't seem to get them all in one picture, We have yet to give them proper names cause they all look alike.

DSC_0094-vi.jpg

Frogspawn with actinics

DSC_0152-vi.jpg

FTS

DSC_0155-vi.jpg

wonderballz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Thanks. They were the first livestock into the tank and i didn't want them to be lonely, so I figured 3 would be a decent number. The hang out in the back of the tank mainly and swim together. Not too much room for them to school around, but the pretty much hang out together.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Looks very nice. I like what you did w/ the rockwork and sump. You definitely have a large enough skimmer, lol.

How do you like the MP40 in your tank? Do you feel like it's too much flow?

You'll have to watch out for the Firefish. They typically don't like shoaling together and may fight.. just keep an eye out and make sure you have tons of hiding places.

wonderballz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
The firefish so far are very well behaved. There is a good amount of hiding places, and when I first put them in, they had a few nips on their fins, so they were fighting in the store. They have pretty much completely healed, and I never see them fight.

The skimmer is really shoehorned in there. Thinking of selling it and getting a bubble magus or SWC just for the footprint.

The MP40 puts out a lot of flow. It's pushing my sand around, and making dunes. I am thinking of going bare bottom, and kinda wish I did in the first place. I don't wanna disturb the sand bed to even it out for fear of a mini cycle, so it stays as dunes for now. Anyone have an idea of how i can even out the sand bed without killing anything?

wonderballz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Here are some update pics. I decided to bust out my macro lens and get up close and personal with some of my new pieces.

Rock with some star polyps. Are both polyps the same thing, or are they two different kinds? This rock has at least 10 feather dusters on it. They have some nice color too.

DSC_0176.JPG

DSC_0177.JPG

Blue/Green Sympodium from GodsSon

DSC_0178.JPG

DSC_0179.JPG

Bali Green Slimer from musictoyourhome

DSC_0181.JPG

Leather from THEDLO

DSC_0182.JPG

Pic of the frogspawn

DSC_0187.JPG

My firefish was grilling me. i guess he isn't into paparazzi

DSC_0190.JPG

Blue Anthilia

DSC_0193.JPG

DSC_0194.JPG

Dotty is starting to color up. She love to ham it up for the camera

DSC_0197.JPG

Pumping Sinularia from CoralCruze. One of my hermits was nibbling on it, and it's just starting to plump back up.

DSC_0180.JPG

wonderballz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
It wasn't long enought o reach my collection cup. I saw a video on youtube about tuning an SWC skimmer and the guy had the tube connected to the air inlet tube. I actually took it off there since I took those pictures. Hey Chinatown, do you occasionally get any big bubbles that overflow into the cup at all?

chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
the only time i get bubbles overflowing into the cup unintentionally is when i put on my filter socks or introduce some new chemicals accidentally into the sump. the skimmer just goes nuts and then the cup overflows into my sump.

chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
yea, if its new, thats a possibility. i can't say for sure. try setting ur gatevalve. i have it set where the bubbles are slightly reaching the neck of the skimmer cup.

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
haha no i could never get rid of "Henry"....my mom would kill me....she already mad i got rid of "dory"

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: