wonderballz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Finally get to show off my 40G Breeder with some cloudy water.

Defi want to thank everyone who sold me gear/supplies.
bimmer01 (Andrew)
pdnyc69 (Pete)
reseter5 (William)
coralcruze (Ben)
Domboski (Dom)
Reefers (Brian)
RaSooch (Russ)
masterswimmer (Russ)
evoIX_Reefer (Mike)

Not to mention the countless people who have given good advice and have been patient with questions from a noob.

Here is my gear list:
DIY stand
40 Breeder RR
20G long DIY sump
Current 36" 6 bulb T5
Gen2 Vortech MP40
Reefkeeper Lite
H&S Protein Skimmer A-110-F2000
rio 2500 return pump
200W titanium heater

So here are some cloudy water pics.

DSC_0068.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0074.JPG

DSC_0075.JPG

Let me know what you think. Overall, i am happy with the way the stand came out. I wish i did the doors a little different, but maybe next time. I maybe would have just gotten a metal stand and skin it rather than having to worry about making a square, perfect frame out of 2x4. Plus, that would have given me more room for the sump to fit underneath.

I will post more pics once the water clears.
WpAfhb8lYDsq5d9yv4Li9R3FDPCs1HcbYPi5eokSGWo

wonderballz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
What's the inside height of your stand? and looks good.

Thanks Jaa. The inside height of my tank is 24" IIRC. I have to measure. I really had to shoe horn that H&S skimmer in there. I have a cross beam in the middle top of my stand, and the skimmer is too tall, so I had to face it the other way. That is why my input for the skimmer loops around to the front...What ever works though!

wonderballz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Here are some new pictures. I made a light hanger from some shelving system. I evened out the sand bed too. Gonna get a CUC in here in the next week or so.

Any recommendations for fish? I was thinking a pair of true percs or picasso percs; goby/pistol shrimp pair; royal gramma.

What else do you guys think?

<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From Drop Box</td></tr></tbody></table><table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From Drop Box</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From Drop Box

</td></tr></tbody></table>

wonderballz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
nice. don't get scared once it hits the algae bloom. it'll get tiring trying to keep it looking clean.

Thanks Mike. I got my CUC today from John of www.reefcleaners.org. They are already mowing down my GHA. My cyano is pretty much gone since I have had the lights off for the last week or so. I got tired of staring at a dark tank so for the last 2 days I had my lights on their normal schedule, and my GHA doubles in length. They are working on it as we speak. Can't wait to get some fish in there.

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
I think the tank looks amazing I wish I did my rock work like that. good luck and I like the lighting fixture I am looking for 8 bulbs insted of the 6. But all in all the tank looks amazing

I also wanted to add that the sump design is very well thought out. Great job

wonderballz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Thanks Anthony. I had a 10G nano a while back and took what I did wrong and fixed it for this tank. Most of my rock was dry base rock, so it was easy to epoxy and glue the pieces together. unfortunately, I wanna go rimless, and i am worried that it will be tough to recreate the aquascaping, so I am holding off for now. I also kinda wish i did a few things different on my sump, but i am overall very happy with the way it came out.

I have new bulbs for the fixture, but I am waiting till I put some livestock in there to change bulbs.

The best prep was the reading i did on the forum. everyone helped out a lot with my questions, so it made things easier.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: