DSC_1281-vi.jpg

And the red planet frag

DSC_1294-vi.jpg

FTS coming soon

wonderballz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Updated Pics with the FTS. The color is a little off. I may have to re process the pics eventually. Or just shoot more!

Well, Hope you enjoy and let me know any critiques you guys have.

FTS

DSC_1399-vi.jpg

DSC_1400-vi.jpg

Sanjay's Photon's clowns that I won from the Raffle

DSC_1403-vi.jpg

DSC_1406-vi.jpg

DSC_1408-vi.jpg

DSC_1409-vi.jpg

DSC_1402-vi.jpg

DSC_1418-vi.jpg

My Pygmy Angel from Dom

DSC_1434-vi.jpg

DSC_1410-vi.jpg

Black sailfin Blenny From Dom

DSC_1411-vi.jpg

DSC_1415-vi.jpg

This Nem was a Christmas gift from a fellow reefer buddy

DSC_1417-vi.jpg

Mystery wrasse from Dom

DSC_1420-vi.jpg

DSC_1422-vi.jpg

DSC_1431-vi.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake starting to encrust and tubbs blues in the background

DSC_1424-vi.jpg

Birds of Paradise frag is growing new tips. love the color on this one!

DSC_1425-vi.jpg

Red planet encrusting nicely

DSC_1426-vi.jpg

Jokers

DSC_1438-vi.jpg

Eye of Rah

DSC_1440-vi.jpg

DSC_1441-vi.jpg

wonderballz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Yay. No pics for this update, BUT, my upgrade will be cycling within the next month or so. The tank will be going where my current DLP TV is, but last night I ordered a new LED TV to wall mount, and I will be able to put my tank in place and start setting up. I already have the dry base rock, and will have to decide if I will be going bare bottom for this tank.

What do you guys think? Bare bottom or sand? I love the clean look of bare bottom, but like the bio filtering of the sand...Maybe a decent sized refuge with a DSB?

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Barebottom is nice and keeps it clean but sand just looks more natural. Pros and cons to both. I like corals like brains, fungia plates, etc that requires some type of sandbed.

Rating - 100%
180   0   0
yea the corals will do fine on bare bottom or sand, however you'd have to break a lot of plugs off if you wanted to put things on the bottom that came on plugs obviously. Bare bottom does look clean but I like the look of the sand bed. How big are you upgrading?

wonderballz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Hey Rideit, I have a 120 in my garage right now. I bought it from another member over the summer. I have everything that goes with it except for the water. I will probably re plumb the tank before I start it, but I need to move my TV first since the Tank will be going in the same area. I am leaning towards barebottom right now.

Paulie. do you notice a big difference in your pH with the 24 hour light cycle in your sump? I have my refuge light turning on after my DT lights shut off to offset the lower pH during lights out. Do you think the difference is negligable?

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I've always ran a 24hr light cycle over the fuge. I've noticed that when a bulb goes bad on the fuge fixture, the PH does lower a bit but not much.
I like the idea of knowing that my macro algea is working around the clock (lol) and keeping the nutient levels down naturally. Nitrates are almost undetectable and phosphates area around 0.03. All of this has been achieved naturally. Can't really say if the Miracle Mud I use in the fuge plays a part in it as well, but I don't think it does.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: