tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
OK well i couldnt help myself, i caught the foxface and the marine beta, so all the fish in my 120 half circle that i wanted in my new tank are in the new tank. all i have left in the 120 half circle is my pistol shrimp that i need to catch in put in the new tank, a maroon clown that i will be selling or trading, 2 engineer gobies that also i'll be selling or trading, and some decent size serpant stars. Next is to get the fish out of my 55 gallon, which is the blonde naso, the bi color angel, the randalls goby (which should pair up with the pistol shrimp) and the blue carpet, and 3 ocelaris clowns. What i'll be selling out of the 55 is 1 black saddleblack clownfish, and more serpant stars. just hope the naso gets along with the other tangs, since the naso was the only tang always isolated to the 55 only. if anyone is interested in the fish and stars that im selling/trading off PM me.

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So here are a few pics I just snapped with my 3GS and ReefBrite LEDs on my the chromis are awesome swimming in a school and the tangs are all swimming together I just have to add the last tang for now my blonde naso
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1299028244.077777.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1299028310.095661.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1299028350.694200.jpg

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
THANKS bbreef, today i added the yellow naso and the bi color angel so far no fighting between the tangs, im pretty sure im at my limit with tangs, id like to add some cool angels that are suppose to be reef safe, i have the bicolor, would definitley like a flame in there. and a little school of bangaii cardinals down the road. last night i swapped out the 2 jbj filter socks and replaced them with 2 new jbj filter socks. is it worth cleaning filter socks, i never use to use them in my other two tanks, so im not sure how to properly clean them, is it just a simple rinse under fresh water?

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
still contemplating on wether or not i should put my blue carpet nem in the new tank, im worried that he might eat some nice fish, like when he ate me black tang! and my hawk fish, and my wrasses lol.

allenjj

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump

Tank is looking great and the twin arc lights from reefbrite sound very cool. Would you mind sharing some pics of your sump and plumbing? I know its not as sexy as the tank, but would help folks like me who are in the process of upgrading as well get ideas for my new sump build.
Thanks,
John

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Yeah so far I need the socks because I'm not running any skimmer yet but will be ordering my SuperReef Octopus tommorow. My sump is def. Not as sexy as my tank and it's not really complete yet either that's why I have not taken any pics of it yet but I will soon once I sell the two rr tanks(120g & 55g) I have running.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
ok so today i took most of but not all the rock rubble from my sumps of the other two tanks, i still have a litttle bit more rubble to transfer thats in one area of my sump that i cant reach until i break it down, its in there with a nice glob of cheato that i still need to transfer also, i cant believe how much of the square footage this live rock covered in my new rubbermaid 150 gallon sump, i have a feeling im not going to have any room for my SUPER REEF OCTOPUS XP-5000I CONE SKIMMER that i just ordered lol. This morning I also transferred my Purple/Orange pistol shrimp, a yellow cucumber, and an emerald crab that i found in the rubble. thats probably it for today, but what i have to do next is dip any coral i have in the older tanks (not much) with coralrx and transfer them to the new tank, and catch my Randalls goby and transfer him too, along with my Blue Carpet Anenome, and my 3 ocelaris clowns.Then i have to sell my remaining 2 clowns that i dont want in the new tank( large yellow stripe maroon, and med/large black saddleback clown) and breakdown the two tanks and sell them both!

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
bbreef no problem, sorry i didnt get a chance to text who how they were, was pretty busy doing the remaining things with all the tanks, but im glad they are all doing well.
silly thanks for the compliment, I'll make sure to cover more major points as the build goes on.

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Ok so midday yesterday I noticed something in my tank quite disturbing my favorite fish my vlamingi Tang looked like it's bottom side like the belly was getting very very pale and I knew it was sick since it was hiding from me which it never does, it was the friendliest fish in the tank not to mention the biggest too, the day went on and the white marks got worse woke up this morning dead

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Anyone know the cause of this, I know it's something other than lateral line only because it pretty much happened within two days and it looked nothing like it, I'm about to take a pic and post it so I can figure this out before it happens to the rest of my Tangs!

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
OK so really excited got my SUPER REEF OCTOPUS SRO XP-5000i last night and damn what a beast it is! i cant believe that my 150 rubbermaid is pretty much full between the heater, the skimmer, and two clothes baskets full of live rock, i have another 150 rubbermaid in my garage lol i have a feeling im gonna be connecting it to the sump lol who knows. gotta make room in my basement thats for sure. also went out to lowes and bought a dehumidifier, have one in the basement running, always did but i needed one for the room the new tank is in because of the crazy moisture the room was getting. next up will be my first water change hopefully one day this month lol. thanks to secuacusboy for picking up the maroon clown i can now break down my 120 half circle and sell it, look for it in the for sale section! thanks for following!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: