tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thanks bb, ok ok ok so I snapped some pics of the sump area this morning for the hell of it please keep in mind that it's no where near complete yet , is it ever though?? Lol ok here they are
First pic is the 2 2" drains coming from the overflow boxes in the tank from the first floor and the 1.5" return going back up to the tank
ad4656b1-de4c-b0f9.jpg

Second is the sump consisting of two laundry baskets full of live rock, dead coral, and chaeto, the SRO-XP5000i, the JBJ T-3 1000 watt truetemp heater that besides being in the protective casing it comes in I slide it through a piece of 1.5" PVC pipe for extra precaution. The two white skinny pipes you see are my BRS dual chamber GFO and dual chamber ROX carbon
ad4656b1-df67-5cf7.jpg

Third is a pic of my return area the two Reeflo Hammerhead Gold pumps which right now I'm only running one, the second will be used for back up
ad4656b1-e1e3-4dd1.jpg
ad4656b1-e05f-00a8.jpg

Here is a pic of my AWI RODI Neptune 200gpd 7 stage filter
ad4656b1-e146-d0f4.jpg

the skimmer at work
ad4656b1-e182-8b4b.jpg
ad4656b1-e1b8-1d7c.jpg

that's it for now I still need to clean the area up alot, hook up my chiller, my RKE, QT tank, frag tank, and fine tune some other things ! Thanks for following !

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
added new livestock
1 POTTERS ANGEL
1 CORAL BEAUTY ANGEL
1 FLAME ANGEL
1 YELLOW BELLY CORAL BANDIT SHRIMP
AND A BIG ASS CLEAN UP CREW CONSISTING OF A MIXTURE OF DIFFERENT CRABS, HERMITS, AND SNAILS!
Also tranfered whatever coral i had (not much) from the old tank and also my Randalls Goby. So pretty much everything is transferred into the new tank, except 2 ocellaris clowns, and 1 misbar ocellaris clown, Might sell those but not sure. I have a week to decide lol. Also have the 1 black saddleback clown still for sale for $25.

Last edited:

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So since i got tired of bumping my black saddle back for sale thread i closed it and threw the clown in my new tank, along with 2 ocellaris, and 1 misbar ocellaris, so that does it for my 55rr tank, and the 55 refuge/sump i had underneath it, i emptied the water from both 55's and now i actually only have 1 tank running instead of 4 ,THANK GOD! i may plan on taking the 55rr and hooking it up in the basement into the main sump and make it a frag tank, who knows.

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Will do soon bri! A liitle disappointed I knew this was going to happen about two days ago I noticed my yellow fin naso have the same exact symptoms as my vlamingi tang did, not many lol looked great but acted as if it was under a trans, not swimming around the tank as much, it was eating but not as aggressive as it was eating the week before so I knew whatever was going on it was exactly like the vlamingi Tangs death, both my two biggest Tangs that were in my tank! My only thing I can see what's going on with my tank is that the temp is swinging from high to low during each day and I know why. It's because my chiller and heater are in the sump in the basement and I noticed there is about a 4 or 5 degree diffence in the sump and tank maybe stressing the fish too much making there immune systems weaker and causing whatever parasites it had to do what it does . My other problem is that my basement is unfinished and I'm noticing around and in the sump alot of tiny ants, even dead in the sump too which in sure making it's way into to tank and the fish eating them? I don't want that lol so I gotta find our where these tiny ants are coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
OK so i connected all my reef keeper elite modules and upgraded to the myreef 2.0 software, pretty cool, no problems so far. i also placed the skimmer in a separate container so it will be in a place where the water is the same height so it will not go biserk, im super happy with the SRO XP5000I, its a foaming machine! i also moved the heater upstairs from the the sump in the basement to the tank on the first floor to solve my huge temp swing problem, i believe thats why i lost some fish in the beginning, since i moved the heater all my fish look are great, wish i did that from the get go! hooked my computer up in the basement near my reef workstation and have it turned on with the MYREEF 2.0 SOFTWARE, pretty neat i still need to mess with it lol.

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
ok so i brought home some coral, 3 awesome scolys, 1 cool favia, 3 acro's, and 1 superman monti, will try to post pics of these incredible pieces tommorow.

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
added some awesome fish today, 1 long nose hawkfish, 1 flame hawkfish, 1 mated pair of ventralis anthias (UNBELIEVABLE COLOR), 1 pygmy angel cause its so tiny, and an awesome male mystery wrasse!

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
thanks juan nice to meet you. dj ze man ive been snapping pics with my iphone but im not happy with the quality i need to save up for a real camera cause these pics dont do these fish justice. ill try again later today.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: