chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
it's actually in between the middle 2 bulbs, so its only blocking a little bit of the light. but I only hang it on after the daylights go out.

CONSTANTNE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Oh ok so it doesnt block the "dawn" bulbs and you hang it on after daylights go out. Thats always the trouble with T5 fixtures and moonlights/LED. Its tricky where to place them. Plan on doing anything permanent? Like mounting it how the reefbrites are with brackets?

chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
yea, it's impossible to mount them under there permanently without them blocking out some light and heating up the metal strip.

if i were to do permanent moonlights, i'll mount them on the front bezel of the tank and them prop the 2 ends up so it'll be hitting my corals at an angle, which i might do when i have time. the light spread from that looks a lot better than hanging em.

chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
some of my zoas. still growing them out.

IMG_3185.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg

IMG_3225.jpg

IMG_3223.jpg

IMG_3206.jpg

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3194.jpg

IMG_3193.jpg

IMG_3190.jpg

chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
hmm, all your zoos seems to have long skirts.. you got too much flow or your tank is too clean? haha..

Good looking zoas! Where are the rest?

strong observation! you're correct. Tank is too clean and I have too much flow, lol, gotta keep the SPS happy.

No more Zoa pics but here's a tank shot.

IMG_3256.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: