Adamc1303

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Listen bro in this hobby things happens. I think that's the best way to put it. Don't get bent out of of shape about it just forget the entire thing and move on. Get a new tank and forget this ever happened. Your not cursed or jinxed either everyone lost a fish or more to a power head and all the other weird crap that happens to us. If you call world class aquarium in Brooklyn they build tanks on site. He can have your tank done in under 2 weeks for the same or less then glass cages and they know what they are doing. Check out my build thread I built a wood stand which caused my special one piece euro brace to crack on a 250 gallon tank and I had to get a new stand too besides fixing the tank. Just move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
Ok need some help. The tank has literally one tiny scratch on it, so i guess im gonna fix it.
The guy at the local glass place said that he isn't gonna touch the tank and he doesn't carry 1/2 inch glass he would have to order it.
So I will have to do the work and he said its probably gonna run be around 120 just for the glass.

Would it not be smart to take the bottom plastic brace off?

jutunesu.jpg

pedetudy.jpg

Thanks glassholes I'm really enjoying my fun dip (Jk I hate deep blue, love GH)

3a5aqyje.jpg

Last edited:

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
to be honest, it would be smart to just get a brand new reef ready tank. you don't want to have a tank that has already been damaged. it will haunt you in your dreams.

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
Look at the threads about tank repair. Most recommend that you re-seal all panels due to the nature of silicone. You don't want to buy glass just to have to start a for sale thread. Take some more time and think about what you really want to do and what is involved before making a decision.

Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
I stopped to grab a slice a pizza on my way and think this over. I don't know what to do. I really don't think it will be that difficult to drop it in the plastic frame along the bottom and silicone the bottom and two sides.

It seems like such a shame to just scrap what I have and buy a new tank.

Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
All right thanks for all your input everybody. I decided not to fix it even though it probably only would have cost $130 dollars and a couple hours. I'm already into this build $525 between the Tank Sump GlassHoles Kit and Stand. It is extremely frustrating to put it all that time driving around picking stuff up only to have it break on you.

Ziggy

PADI Instructor
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Next time maybe you want to just run the pipe from overflow box to drain bulkhead. It doesn't look that bad after all. If you want to see how is done you can come over to see on my tank. And sorry about your tank!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: