Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Hi Jason,
It looks like you have a very nice establishment here and must really have your hands full. It's great to see that being that you can be a very busy person, you still take the time to look at your threads and answer these entire questions... I wish you lots of luck and success, not that you need it because the feedback your getting couldn't be any better which means your doing all the right things most LFS wish they can get right. I still haven't had the chance to see your store because I’m fairly pretty far but am looking forward to seeing your store and meeting you in person. Anyway, if you ever need someone to house sit you store please let me know. The store in the pictures look that classy and beautiful. The thought and vision that went into your store are outstanding. I would live in a store with that type of setup in a minute.

Best of luck,

David

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
My 2 purchases:
1)C. lineatus
lineatus1.jpg

2) Unidentified carribbean corallimorph ( these are very cool)

caribbeanshrooms.jpg

C

Carlota

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0

Dear Jason ....

bet you surprised to see me here.??!!!!

Have spent long time reading all about your shop and the progress..

Well looks like you've opened ... hope the opening was a success... from what I've been reading .. it all looks and sounds 'FAB' .. GOOD LUCK with it eh..
Hopefully be able to come over to the States - maybe co-incide with Karla and then we can both get to see.. :bigeyes: .. the 'SHOP'
Lots of love - one very proud cousin
CHARLIE.!!!.. :kiss: xxx
xoxoxoxoxo

Liz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I Like

:groupflipYOU HAVE TO VISIT THIS PLACE< OMG>!
Greenwich has multiple stores that sell coral but GREENWICH AQUARIA ROCKS! It is by far the best, most inviting & all personel are not "high-pressure salesmen"! I found a cute lil acan~>SUPER color, THANK YOU Jason!
I'll be back soon!
Ciao

Attachments

• DSC00347.jpg
    DSC00347.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 385
M

mane3215

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Some updated pictures...

Hey Jason,

Talked to Kedd this evening, and he pointed me over to this thread after telling me about the store.

Wow! Awesome looking place! I am looking forward to visiting next time I head up to Kedds. I hope you put him to work helping you with all that stuff!

Good luck, and congratulations! If there is anything I can help ya with drop me a line!

JasonE

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I wanted to thank all of you for the wonderful feedback you have given on the store.
As you can imagine a huge amount of work went into it, and I in turn need to thank some people who were absolutely instrumental throughout the entire process.

Read Walden, an awesome friend, who helped in every aspect, from the day the decision was made to open a store right the way through to today. He planned, designed and installed all of the plumbing, helped me layout the store, design and build the stands, troubleshoot, figure out crap, and put in hours and hours to make this thing happen. Dude, thank you!

Rob Grande, who has been working like an animal since September, with no more than two days off, helping with every aspect from ripping up floors to tending the livestock.

And Joey O, who has created wonders in his freshwater section, representing CG.

M

mig29

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You gotta see this

OK....I've spent way too much time shopping for "goodies" to put in my reef tank over the past ten years or so. I've been to all the hot spots from those that are local, to those that are as far away as NYC, Buffalo, Boston, and Philadelphia. (I travel in my job, so I have seen quite a few shops) But nowhere, and I mean nowhere, have I seen anything like this.

The folks at Greenwich Aquaria have absolutely blown away the competition both near and far.

First of all, both Jason and Rob are true experts. No one in this establishment is going to sell you anything just for the sake of making a sale. These guys offer sound advice, and truly care about YOUR tank. This aspect alone is hard to find these days. We all know that most shops just want to make the sale and are not above giving misguided advice in the interest of making a buck. That is, if the employees have any knowledge of the hobby at all. This is not the case at Greenwich Aquaria.

The shop itself is simply awesome. The SPS and LPS display tanks offer a full 360 degree look at the animals, and allow for a view from the top. You can see all of the corals from every possible angle. The fish are also beautifully displayed in clutter free, clean tanks. They are easy to observe and, no doubt, easy to capture which greatly reduces stress.

The variety of corals, inverts and fish will leave you stunned. The sheer number of animals in the store is a sight to behold. If you have been looking for a particular item, it's probably there.

As if all of that is not good enough, there is a big couch in front of the huge (580 gals I think) show tank, videos and seats for the kids, and free coffee, soda, water, and pastries. The floor plan is wide open to allow for lounging and loitering. It's like Starbucks meets Finding Nemo in there. The casual atmosphere makes you want to have a seat and "hang out".

Those of us who are local the the NY/CT area have been looking for something like this for a long time. This is it...the Holy Grail of LFS's. Go see for yourself..you won't believe it!

boozeman

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I was there yesterday to pick up a skimmer... a beautiful store and great/knowledgeable people running it. I highly recommend going there to everyone!!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I finally got to see this store yesterday.....WOW. Jason did a fantastic job with his display and behind the scenes. All the livestock look extremely happy, all the SPS had great polyp extension and color. My favorite part was the filtration room which consists of 5 BIG beckett skimmers. I had to clean myself off after seeing this :D It's really great how the prices are ball park range for exception health and quality. Blah Blah Blah, I'll be making my monthly visits looking for that "must have" coral.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
I finally had the chance to return to the shop today-- my first time back since the grand opening--- and all I can say is wow!!! Everything in the entire shop is immaculate and the display tanks are simply awesome. I picked up a beautiful and healthy female Genicanthus bellus angel and it is eating and swimming about already. This place really does set new standards for LFS's in pretty much every way. Kudos to Jason and his fine staff.

Randy

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I finally had the chance to return to the shop today-- my first time back since the grand opening--- and all I can say is wow!!! Everything in the entire shop is immaculate and the display tanks are simply awesome. I picked up a beautiful and healthy female Genicanthus bellus angel and it is eating and swimming about already. This place really does set new standards for LFS's in pretty much every way. Kudos to Jason and his fine staff.

Randy

Hey Randy, do they have any pairs of Bellus? I might have to get a pair for my self.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: