ReefBum

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I have visited Jason's store a couple of times recently and it is absolutely the nicest LFS I have ever seen. Quality through and through. It is great to have a new store with an owner that really knows his stuff. He is already helping me out with equipment for my new 225g SPS tank.

Check it out....you won't be disappointed.

Keith

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
opening

so i take it i cant come tommorrow to see the store ? from followin glooks like it isnt going to be open till next weekend, please let me know if people can come tommorrow. ty rick

Henrye

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll be there around 11 AM!! I'm even bringing my styrofoam box expecting to bring some new inhabitants home. I did look into your store Thursday night while going to my daughter's choir performance, and I want to know if whoever did your cabinetry can not only work on my ideas for a tank, but also redesign my kitchen :biggrin: .

Absolutely beautiful, and I can't wait to actually see it from the inside this trip!!

Henry

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
I just got back and I must say it is a very impressive place all around. The store is well laid out, attractive and very comfortable. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and the livestock is very healthy including many rare and hard to find specimens. The attention to detail is obvious... especially the kids corner complete with TV/DVD and kid size chairs:) Congratulations to Jason and his staff. Now lets show them a little MR love and support the business.

Randy

Henrye

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just got back as well, and have to say that Jason has set up a remarkable shop. As a store, it's everything you would want in a FS. As for his stock, well, it's as impressive as I've ever seen, with rare fishes, corals, and a remarkable collection of gorgonians. His show tank is something I would grab, if it didn't weigh so much :biggrin:. There's also a nice FW selection getting set up, and a show FW planted tank getting prepped now.

Jason's place is well worth the visit, and the tough part is to stop gaping, and pick out what you really want (not everything you see, although, with time.....). I think Jason's vision of a LFS, and his execution of it, is about as good as it gets. His staff is top notch, knowledgeable, and right there to help. Even more impressively, if you have a question they're not sure about, they'll tell you and go find the answer, which is sure refreshing these days. I read a thread here about the Zeolith system, which Jason stocks, and after discussing it with him, I am tempted to try it. That's the depth of knowledge you'll find there.

prattreef, you may have seen my daughter hanging out in that kids area for a bit. It turns out Jason and my daughter share a class together, yet my kid did not know it was her friend's father creating this place. I also had the pleasure of meeting Jason's wife, who is a gracious hostess and made me feel at home.

This store is a must on anyone's short list to visit. I'm just going to have to rework my tank budget, as I'm already thinking about what to get next and it's a long list, which means a bigger tank, which means a bigger budget, which means......................

Henry

Vision06

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Just got back from there also. The store is very nicely set up, with amazing fish and corals. The owner jason is a very cool guy. Very nice and friendly, aswell as the staff.
I too made my first purchase of many to come. Many people are worried about prices. If buying thumbnail size pieces off the internet for $50+ not including shipping, then the prices in this store for real size pieces and colonies is way better spent money.
The only con to the store is I couldnt take home the 600G display tank.

T

twinreef

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
very nice store. but i can see why i was there for more then tewnty minutes and no one ask if i needed help, so i left. the price's were very high. purple tang 140 bucks, ornge monti cap 100.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Just came back myself. I went there assuming I'd be coming home with a new coral, but I came back with a new fish :). It was a very nice collection of gorgonians! Beautiful tanks, display and even stock tanks! I also like the fact that there isn't a bunch of tiny frags, instead there are good sized pieces!
Its a good thing this store isn't any closer or I'll be heading up there with each new shipment! :lol_large
Definately well worth the visit if you want to see some new exotic corals and healthy fish

nanchil

Crawling Reefer.
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
Just came back from the store. The store is awesome. Great collections. But little pricy. I guess since it is in Greenwich which is a very expensive area.
Good luck Jason.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Where are the pics guys?

012_421%7EThe-Simpsons-Homer-D-Oh-Posters.jpg

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I might take a swing up there tomorrow not sure if I can yet, wanted to get there today but there was no way I would have been able to make it there without falling asleep at the wheel, I barely made it home from work.

Man I missed my shot a MR quasi event with no cameras? Man oh man oh man, I could have taken the bag off of my head!

JasonE

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Guys,

Thank you all so much for coming by today! The support was awsome!
Thank you for making our opening extremely enjoyable.

Twinreef, I'm so sorry nobody asked to help you, I was hoping for a more laid back atmosphere with no "hard sell", I don't like to make people feel like they're pressured to buy in any way.

Thanks again everyone!

Store hours for those that asked:

Thursday 11-6
Friday 11-6
Saturday 9-6
Sunday 9-5

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: