JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Some new additions today. Went to go see krzysiek today and got a bunch of frags. Some acans and some zoas and one frag of some yellow pollops:

DSC_0560-20.jpg

DSC_0561-21.jpg

DSC_0562-16.jpg

DSC_0563-12.jpg

DSC_0564-8.jpg

DSC_0565-7.jpg

Thanks Krys

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
My new skimmer arrived today via FEDEX. It's a Deltec MC500. It fits nicely, I haven't done any of the last tweaks and touches. I'm just letting it break in over the next couple of days and then will do the final adjustments. I have it in a higher position that it will wind up for now and is why the lid will not close(the skimmer lid/flap not the whole hood). After it's broken in I'll lower it a bit so the lid will clear the cup. I replaced the stock skimmer that came the RSM because I hated the adjustment valve on the stock one. It was a bit flimsy it seemed and the knob was extremely tight and they don't specify if it's a 1/4 turn knob or what. I just either got almost no bubbles in the skimmer chamber or I got skimmate that looked like pee and filled the cup up fast with all liquid. I would have kept the stock if it was more adjustment friendly. Anyway here's the Deltec, I can't wait to see after its broken in how it skims:

DSC_0563-13.jpg

DSC_0565-8.jpg

DSC_0566-7.jpg

I'm happy so far, it's sturdy and well built and is highly adjustable between the depth of the skimmer in the water, the air valve as well as the collection cup that can be moved up and down all to help fine tune the skimmer. Worth it in my eyes from what little I was able to tell immediately upon installation.

Also for anyone else looking to put one of these in your RSM250's it doesn't come with any parts list or setup guide. I looked one up just to make sure 100% that I had everything setup correctly.
Here's the link on the skimmer, the setup guide and general guidelines for adjustments that Deltec has for it:

http://www.theaquariumsolution.com/files/Deltec Multi-Compact MC500 (2).pdf

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Also got my ATO water storage container today. It holds 5 gallons and fits nicely on the shelf in the stand of the tank. When the Tunze osmolator gets here tomorrow I'll be able to drill the correct sized hole to run the cable for the pump and the hose through. It's pretty nice, it isn't heavy but is made of UV stabilized polyetheline. Should work out well.
DSC_0560-22.jpg

DSC_0561-23.jpg

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Time for the weekly update on how the nems are doing. They're doin good, getting better still day by day. They've made great strides but the tank that they're in right now has one of the rocks that is a green hair jungle and the walls are in need of a good cleaning. I'll do that while I do the bi-daily 10G water change tonight. Well here are the nems and how they look today, got the best shot I could of the last one, he's a pain in the butt to photograph where he is:

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
New additions:

Diamond Goby, out and about and in his den(as best a shot as I could get)

DSC_0055.jpg

Peaking over his hilltop he constructed
DSC_0049-1.jpg

And in his den- sorry couldnt really get him focused in
DSC_0050.jpg

Randalls pistol shrimp who has gone into hiding somewhere, I'm hoping he and the goby find each other
DSC_0046-1.jpg

2 fire shrimp and 2 cleaners
DSC_0040-2.jpg

I bought them from BlueZoo aquatics. I personally would recommend them, they've been great to deal with. I had ordered a pair of clownfish that arrived DOA so they credited my money back and they give you up to 12 months from the time the coupon's issued to use it. They package everything very well and actually give you a care package with every order, doesn't matter if it's 1 fish or 20 animals. In the care package is seachem stressguard in a pipette to disperse between all animals while acclimating, drip line with suction cup a sample of their own food mix and a guide to read if it's your first time to acclimate that covers A-Z. Here's some pics from the unboxing I took:
DSC_0560-23.jpg

DSC_0561-24.jpg

DSC_0562-18.jpg

DSC_0563-14.jpg

DSC_0564-11.jpg

DSC_0565-9.jpg

They ship everything FEDEX overnight priority and delivery is guaranteed by 10:30 am- each order arrived at my door between 9:30 and 10 am and the second shipment everything was healthy as a horse. Thumbs up for BlueZoo

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: