jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
great tank, theres stuff in there I would never even thing of trying

Thanks Steve. You would be amazed what your 40 breeder with T5 is capable of ;)

Man between the music and the menagerie of fish i can't stop laughing lol. Love it! and love seeing that clam living in there. Found that thing as a hitchhiker at 1".

Glad you like bud :) That clam is my favorite. It grew about 1 1/2" since I got him from you. You did a good job raising him ;)

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks Dan. The frags are doing good. The pearlberry and blue stag are growing fast, and the red/blue milli has nice color but is only encrusting for now.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Is that a chaaalllk bassh in there I see? I love the music makes me wana smoke a pound of jamican chicken

Morty!!!!!!!!!!:shocked:

nice video like to see you using music, makes it better :)

Anything for you scoots ;) Next time I'm going to make you pick the music :D

I am buying 30 fish this week. You think I can put them in my 24 gallon Frag tank Rich? I am keeping it low nutrient like you :P

With the amount of equipment you have running, you probably can handle 30 fish in the nano :D

Very nice tank dude

Thanks MrBanga! It's still very young but I am happy the way things are going so far.

Cyano is 100% gone. I believe the Special Blend Bacteria finally took effect. I will continue dosing the maintenance level into this tank indefinitely. It's pretty effective at lowering the nutrient level despite heavy feedings.

Valentines Day FTS. Next FTS will be early April :groupflip

Feb 14 2014 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thank Jenna :) I've been playing with nanos for the last few years so I did go overboard a little on the about of fish, now that I actually have room for them. I have good filtration and a good maintenance schedule so things are staying clean for now. If I see the nutrient level getting too high and a normal amount of maintenance won't keep up, I'll lower the bioload a little.

There is about 50lbs of rock overall in the display. A little more than 20lbs of tonga, and 30lbs of fiji and marshall island rock. I have about 25lbs of rubble in a section of my sump for added biological surface area.

You can see how little rock is in the display here. It looks like a lot more one the SPS start branching on branches :D

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
The tough part if locating quality branch. In retrospect I should have just gone with synthetic ceramic branch or BRS stuff. This live tonga branch came in pretty lifeless from reef2go. That is a terrible place to deal with.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Any updates...

Not really :) Everything is going well. Colors have been good, growth on the fast end. It doesn't really look much different from the pic I posted a few weeks ago, except for this large Lineatus Super male that I added. Loving this fish. I have him eating out of my hand already. I'm thinking to add a female as well. I want to see the male flashing his fins!

DSC_0015 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

Here's a video that I took 2 weeks ago. I forgot to post it here.
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/oL68Yz8TMYs?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/oL68Yz8TMYs?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Oh great I get to see this

Excited for you to see it. I always appreciate some feedback and criticism.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: