jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0

Updates!?!? LOL These things take time to grow :smile:

I've had cyano for the past month or so. It was only a little cyano, but I added acropower aminos like a butthead and it spread all over the sand bed. The SPS have been completely fine and growing but it was getting annoying to keep turkey basting zoa and acans daily. I decided to do a 3 day cycle with NO light. I read quite a bit about this and it and it didn't appear to harm SPS much. In some cases it was a temporary fix for cyano, in other it was a permanent fix.

Today is the first day that I have the lights back on. 90% of the cyano is gone and I sucked out what I could with a water change. The SPS look fine but faded slightly in color. It's nice to see the sanded clean again, hopefully it stays that way:eek:

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks Ledreef :) I do have a 2' frag of the red dragon in there somewhere.

Thanks Macropora

Tusi, thanks. I try to place contrasting colors near each other :)

afernandez, that's the plan. I am still messing around with fish stocking, lps, and zoa, but I am mostly done with the SPS.

Hey Paul, unfortunately that piece RTN in my last tank :(. I do have a frag growing in this tank though. Mark told me you lost your colony? Are you regrowing from a frag again?

fishywoo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
No mine is gone. I gave it to you and kedd and Dave Daceman has a small colony from a frag i gave him. Ill get it back once everybodies starts growing big. Your tanks looking good. Well done.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks Juggernot :)

Paul you're always welcome to take this frag. I'll put an upscales microlados in its place lol Not the same but close enough :D Once these corals completely encrust and branch off you can take a clipper to the whole tank ;)

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
Thanks Juggernot :)

Paul you're always welcome to take this frag. I'll put an upscales microlados in its place lol Not the same but close enough :D Once these corals completely encrust and branch off you can take a clipper to the whole tank ;)

You don't have to replace your kedds yellow with upscales microlados :)
I still have kedds yellow and since I got mine from Paul an year ago ill be more that happy to cut this coral back for him ;)

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
You don't have to replace your kedds yellow with upscales microlados :)
I still have kedds yellow and since I got mine from Paul an year ago ill be more that happy to cut this coral back for him ;)

Sweet :approve:

My last tank (60 cube) was probably my least successful reef ever. I just couldn't get things right and a lot of corals suffered. Losing that kedds colony was a painful loss. I spread it in a few tanks also and all those frags died too. This coral is a PITA. I hope Kedd is growing out several colonies again :)
Kasei and I are both growing frags, Dave has a small colony, Mark has a small colony?. Anyone else growing this? Scoots might have a small frag.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I meant mostly done :) There's always that eye catching coral that you don't expect, and I have a few SPS that I'm not really in love with?.. ;)

Here's a poor quality feeding video. Excuse the annoying music (youtube selection)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lC-CNoRP3us?list=UUhMQtkcK_YQuWgCqG41ncXA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: