Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Tank is sick in person. I am impressed bud. The selection of fish is outstanding and the coral colors are great. That red polyp stag is unreal. I like the results of your methods.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Beautiful

Thank you :approve:

tank looks great rich. but wouldn't expect anything less :)

Scoots, my last tank sucked :lol_large I did everything that I could to not make this one suck as well.

Tank is sick in person. I am impressed bud. The selection of fish is outstanding and the coral colors are great. That red polyp stag is unreal. I like the results of your methods.

WOW a compliment from pseudo!!! :redface:This is a major achievement in this hobby. Glad you like it bud :knockedou

Rich!!! the tank is looking amazing and what a awesome looking fish. Could only imagine how sweet it looks in person.:)
Vic

Thanks Vic. This tank utilizes all my favorite aspects of my previous reefs, and reefs that I've admired. This tank seems to have found a balance pretty early so now I just sit back and maintain :)

Here's a FTS from March 20th

3/20/14 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I took some pics with my crappy nikon d40. It's hard to get the proper white balance under a 20k Radium + blue T5's. The is the best that i could get. The tank is doing extremely well. Corals growth is fast. Colors have been improving the whole time. The tank is on autopilot grow out mode now. Just going to keep it stable and watch it grow :)

[/url

Lineatus Wrasse
[url=https://flic.kr/p/mg3cSZ]

Tamarin Wrasse

Finally got rid of my bubble magnus doser and replaced with GHL.

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
WOW tank is looking amazing man .....great colors and growth i see.... always tagging along on this one

Thanks King :) The tank is just about 5 months old now. I couldn't be more happy with it's progress in such a short time. I can't wait to see your new SPS tank get going :)

Scoots Almighty!!!!!

Orange gels are good but filter out too much blue. Still much better than toothpaste blue cell phone pics I think :)

Last edited:

mellotang

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Awesome tank by a talented reefer who knows when to just sit back, not mess with anything and enjoy the progress, good job!!

Any Refugium on this system? Using GFO?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Awesome tank by a talented reefer who knows when to just sit back, not mess with anything and enjoy the progress, good job!!

Any Refugium on this system? Using GFO?

Thank you :eek:. No refugium on this system, just 25lbs of rock rubble in my sump. I use ROWA continuously on this system.

Here are my parameters

mellotang

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Love when people say you have to have zero nitrate for success. I def get better SPS coloration with a little nitrate in the water, too high though and the growth stops.

I find if you have both nitrate and phosphate you are screwed, but a low level of nitrate and zero phosphate the SPS seem to love.

One again man, good job!

Lol, don't neglect that tank at the end of April when the spring run starts!!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
your phos is in between .10-.25ppm. Is that good.?

That's the nitrate reading. I believe a nitrate level is necessary for good color. I do not like the health effect of higher po4. Higher po4 can increase color on your SPS (bright lighting is a must), however, IME the health of the coral is not as good.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Love when people say you have to have zero nitrate for success. I def get better SPS coloration with a little nitrate in the water, too high though and the growth stops.

I find if you have both nitrate and phosphate you are screwed, but a low level of nitrate and zero phosphate the SPS seem to love.

One again man, good job!

Lol, don't neglect that tank at the end of April when the spring run starts!!

Couldn't agree more :)

The tank usually does it's best when I don't have time for it. I do keep up with routine maintenance though :eek:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
LOL, you did get that from me Dave :) That big box did the job.
I was with spykes a couple of weeks ago. He's maintaing a low profile these day but he's back in the hobby. He has a 120 step the last 2 months.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
LOL, you did get that from me Dave :) That big box did the job.
I was with spykes a couple of weeks ago. He's maintaing a low profile these day but he's back in the hobby. He has a 120 step the last 2 months.

That's good to hear. What brand nitrate test kit are you using. Is that a Salifert

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: