Status
Not open for further replies.

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Cshradr7: The frame of the tank is a piece of plastic not more than small stip approximatly 2 centimeters. I would not worry about the plastic. if anything I would try to modify the tank by taking the plastic off the bottom and the top to make look more appealing. only problem is the top peice which keeps the water sometimes from being pushed over the top by the flow. Honestly, it would look a thousand times better without it. Im just trying to figure out hoe to keep the water from mabe being pushed over by the current. anyway, my plastice strip on the top wasnt glued down good enough and water sometimes seeps through the edges. so I will be modifying mine when I get a chance.

Cshradr7

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright thanks a lot for the info. Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow with t5 light so i'm pretty excited. Thanks a lot for your help and i'll be following this thread.

Thanks
Colin

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Mr. First: I have 4 different types of algae growing in my fuge. ealier photos should show it. next time ill take pics of it proliferating.
Here are some new ones.

Attachments

• HPIM1143.jpg
    HPIM1143.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 746
  • HPIM1144.jpg
    HPIM1144.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 743
  • HPIM1145.jpg
    HPIM1145.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 740

jgiordano

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick Question - I was at Island Aquariums a couple of weeks ago; they have really nice stuff and their staff is very helpful. Did you see the cadlights 22 tanks they have set up?

If so how would you compare? The more options the harder my tank decision has become!

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Here an update guys. The ighting that comes with the tank is good for softies barely but in no way any match for acros. I will be upgrading the lighting to a 250w MH pendant 14k in addition to the lighting thats there already. I may just change the 2 50/50 bulbs to actinics which will give me 4 actinics and 1 250 14k MH. Ill let you know how it goes 3when im done.

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Ok, I have the hamilton metal halide 250 watt 14k pendant but it looks like 1 just wont cut it. The coverage is not enough. Looks like ill need another one of the same so it will look even. If anyone out there has one to sell, pm me with details and price. The corals are coming back nicely and its working.
Had a dliema last night with the skimmer over skimming and leaving the chamber almost empty of water. This seems to happens everytime I use this certain putty to hold my corals on the rock. after last nite I am discontinuing that brand, it also causes tons of bubbles in the tank and all the skimmed water in my holding bottle was clear.
This is why I like to see what is being skimmed out instead of letting it go directly in to the drain whereas you dont know what or how much is being taken out. when I get the 2nd mh ill take some more pics for you all.

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Really? I guess I never noticed on my big tanks cause they were all over 100 gallons and with sumps over 55 gallons. This tank is just 30 gallons so I can see now why it was so overactive and draining so much water. Thanks "D".

jgiordano

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would that much light hurt everything else? Do you have a chiller?

Ok, I have the hamilton metal halide 250 watt 14k pendant but it looks like 1 just wont cut it. The coverage is not enough. Looks like ill need another one of the same so it will look even. If anyone out there has one to sell, pm me with details and price. The corals are coming back nicely and its working.
Had a dliema last night with the skimmer over skimming and leaving the chamber almost empty of water. This seems to happens everytime I use this certain putty to hold my corals on the rock. after last nite I am discontinuing that brand, it also causes tons of bubbles in the tank and all the skimmed water in my holding bottle was clear.
This is why I like to see what is being skimmed out instead of letting it go directly in to the drain whereas you dont know what or how much is being taken out. when I get the 2nd mh ill take some more pics for you all.

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
No chiller and im running an open top. Everything is loving the new light. Im leaning more towards purchasing another 250watt hamilton pendant. Im hoping someone will come though as to selling one they have instead of me buying a new one. I got a price for a new one with bulb and shipping. $ 250, If I dont hear from anyone by the end of the day I will just purchase it.

Savager

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
No chiller and im running an open top. Everything is loving the new light. Im leaning more towards purchasing another 250watt hamilton pendant. Im hoping someone will come though as to selling one they have instead of me buying a new one. I got a price for a new one with bulb and shipping. $ 250, If I dont hear from anyone by the end of the day I will just purchase it.

Wow, I think that's too much light but if everything is loving the light, I guess it's ok.

If you need a chiller, I am about to sell my chiller soon. It's pacific coast cl-280. It will be perfect for you tank and it's really quiet. Let me know bro.

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
2 days later and my skimmer is still overskimming and draing my tank of water. Its creating tons of micro bubbles but its not as bad as it was on sunday. I would never use putty again on such a small tank because of this problem. if the corals wont stay on the rocks by themselves then ill just deal with it another way. mabe some fishing wire and tie it down.

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I have a lot of sps and no room at the top to place them anymore. These lights will work well for the acros on the bottom, especialy with the clams on the sandbed. I didnt get the 2nd light in yet but the one I have now is kickin. The colors are coloring back up again and everything seems to enjoy basking in the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: