JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Probably stupid question and probably in earlier threads but couldnt find them, are those all return lines on the bottom of the tank, if so why there? Not questioning you, just trying to learn about larger reef setups.

second is that sand around the return lines? Maybe its just me but it looks like wood chips or something. If its just sand Ignore the question and Keep up this AMAZING SETUP!

I would definatly vote for you as the thread of the year!

Tim

Tim`s Aquatics
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Frank before you finish I would think about making some access panels in the front above the tank for mounting corals and moving things around. It sucks doing it than running around to the front to make sure that is where you want it. Just a thought....

frank arriaga

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Finally the tank is cycling the door and the rest of the sheetrock went in, changed the substrates from shells to caribsea arag-alive sand, so i would need to have the tank cycle for two weeks then i can start moving my 90 gallon into its new home. have not decided what type of lamps to go with fixtures are 4oo watt icecap pendant fixtures, double ended metal halide bulbs, if anyone has some spare bulbs that i can borrow to see if i like them, i would appreciate it, thanks a lot, any input would also be appreciated, will keep updating.

Picturebeforetrip168.jpg

Picturebeforetrip169.jpg

Picturebeforetrip170.jpg

Picturebeforetrip171.jpg

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Frank, I expected nothing less from you. Looking beautiful (not the quality of the pix, just the workmanship ;) ).

I wish I had some used 400w DE bulbs for you to try. That's not an easy request to fill :sad2:

R

frank arriaga

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
first off all id like to thank everyone that helped me with my set up, the day is finally here, this weekend with the help of my wife and kids we moved everything from the 90 gallon to the new home. everybody seems to be doing fine, id like to thank phil and pedro for supplying me with all their rocks, the hobby will miss them, hope to see them return soon. here are a couple of pics of the inhabitance:

Picturebeforetrip188.jpg

Picturebeforetrip186.jpg

Picturebeforetrip185.jpg

Picturebeforetrip184.jpg

Picturebeforetrip183.jpg

Picturebeforetrip182.jpg

Picturebeforetrip181.jpg

Picturebeforetrip180.jpg

Picturebeforetrip179.jpg

Picturebeforetrip178.jpg

Picturebeforetrip177.jpg

Picturebeforetrip176.jpg

Picturebeforetrip175.jpg

Picturebeforetrip174.jpg

Picturebeforetrip173.jpg

Picturebeforetrip172.jpg

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I'm in awe. Frank, that looks amazing. Just wait till those rocks start to color up with coraline. Keep up the great work. Props to your wife and son. You picked yourself a winner with her. If I had to get my wife to even touch a single dry rock it would be a miracle.

swimmer

P

Pedro

Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Nice Frank, how about a full tank shot so we can see it in the wall.

Phil told me he gave you boulders, but damn those rocks are huge. I am pretty sure you will tweak it here and there, the most important thing is that everything does well after the move.

Is that some sort of eel i saw in one of the pics?

Duh i just saw that it's one of the loclines from the returns. You did a nice job concealing them.

Last edited by a moderator:

frank arriaga

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hey guys, the day is finally here, the fishtank is finished, here are a couple of pics of the equipment room and the finished tank. Soon we'll mess around with the aquascape and we'll restock with a couple of more frags and fish, any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Picturebeforetrip242.jpg

Picturebeforetrip244.jpg

Picturebeforetrip243.jpg

Picturebeforetrip300.jpg

Picturebeforetrip302.jpg

Picturebeforetrip297.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: