jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Wow what colors. Amazing.
Thanks bud :)

Looks awesome.

Thank you :)

you had a day off and didn't text me :irked:... Tank looks amazing I'm happy you learned so much from me :) lmao jus kidden.... great job buddy :)

Not really a day off since I spent the entire day doing errands, but I did get to see the tank with halides on finally! :)

Wow incredible
Thanks King :)

That 6 pic (sps ) is crazy what is it and do u have before and after ( like when u first got that sps ) pics ..

Here is a pic from Jan 13th. It has doubled in size since then. It's an aussie wild shortcake.

IMG_7521 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Wow . . this tank is a true inspiration. . . keep up the great work and thanks for sharing

Thank you. The next few months I will work on reducing clutter, while keeping chemical warfare to a minimum. I'm already dealing with neighboring colonies stinging each other :)

Tank is looking great Rich. Looks like you've got a nice little wrasse collection started, too

Thanks! I was off from work this winter so I had a lot of time to find certain fish :). I still want to add another fish or two, but I'm up to 22 fish?.. don't want to push it :)

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Thank you. The next few months I will work on reducing clutter, while keeping chemical warfare to a minimum. I'm already dealing with neighboring colonies stinging each other :)

Thanks! I was off from work this winter so I had a lot of time to find certain fish :). I still want to add another fish or two, but I'm up to 22 fish?.. don't want to push it :)

Don't worry, I'm coming over with a clipper :lol_large:lol_large:lol_large

22, that's it? you need more. I had 45 - 50 in my previous 150g, and several of them are large tangs and i have no special filtration/dosing other than a over sized skimmer. You system can certainly handle it, plus with all those pro diablo you add, you'll be fine. Throw in a mini stripe bass there :)

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
It's been a while since I updated. The tank is now at the 10 month mark. Everything is going extremely well. I never had a young tank do so well so at this point I just sit back and try to understand what's going on :loll:

I highly suggest reading this article, which ironically I discovered the other day. It explains and somewhat supports the approach I have take with this reef.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2011/3/aafeature

Anyway here's the pics of my 10 month old reef

Abrolhensis stag
DSC_0063 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

blasto
DSC_0061 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

Android monti
DSC_0059 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

ORA Ant Insignis
DSC_0035 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

Tyree PM
DSC_0033 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

Copps King tut (super slow grower)
DSC_0029 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

Zoa from PolandSpring :)
DSC_0015 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

ORA Blue Iris
DSC_0014 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

ATL Shades of fall
DSC_0013 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

Aussie highlighter grown from a small frag
DSC_0012 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: